Campaign of the Month: December 2013
Fate: Warhammer 40,000
Minor milestones occur at the end of each session, and typically represent minor breaks in the narrative. Character gain the opportunity to rest and recharge, and players may make minor changes to their abilities.
- Minor adjustment to character sheet. No advancement.
- Moderate consequences begin recovery if not already treated.
- Treated Moderate consequences recover fully
Significant Milestones occur at the conclusion of a scenario or major plot event. The characters’ actions have advanced the campaign in a small but meaningful way.
- Advance one skill: increase it by + 1 if the skill pyramid is maintained up to the skill cap, or add one skill at Average (+ 1).
- Severe consequences begin recovery if not already treated.
- Treated Severe consequences recover fully
Major Milestones occur at the conclusion of a major plot arc. Something significant has changed the setting as a result of the characters’ involvement. It is the end of a chapter in the life of the campaign, the finale of a season of the characters’ adventures.
- Extreme consequences recover
- Increase Refresh by 1
- When advancing a skill, you may advance it past your skill cap, increasing the skill cap of the campaign
- Change your character’s high concept
- Setting Advancement